Amidst growing health concerns, Neighborhood House is still committed to providing essential services to all our neighbors as we are able. Please see updates below on our programs:
The Neighborhood House Senior Center is closed until further notice, but staff are still available to take calls and provide any assistance (call: 503-244-5204). Our Senior Transportation Service continues to provide one-on-one rides for essential services (call Ride Connection: 503-226-0700).
- Head Start and Early Head Start Programs will be closed in line with the Early Learning Division’s (ELD) directive to cease classroom activity. However, Head Start is modifying their services in the following ways:
- Learning: Teachers and Home Visitors will connect with families each week to provide ideas for learning at home, provide activities, and read books remotely.
- Resources and basic needs: Family Advocates and Home Visitors will connect with families each week to support positive parenting, identify resources and connect families, and to help reduce stress.
- Meals: Staff are providing healthy lunches to children in the programs and their siblings, children at 19th Avenue Housing, and children ages 0-18 in the neighborhood. Meals are provided via pick-up. Food and other basic needs (diapers, soap) boxes are also available on a weekly basis for families in the programs.
- Community: Head Start has set up a web page to support families with resources and stay connected. https://nhcommunity.squarespace.com/
- The Food Pantry is on a delivery-only model. Food pick up is not available.
- To order a food box for delivery, click here or call 503-246-1663 x5004
- Our School Age Programs are closed until further notice in line with Portland Public Schools.
- Our Homeless Families Program at 19th Avenue will continue with minimal interruption.
- The Child Care Improvement Project/Parenting Programs will move all client interactions online.
Helping neighbors. Supporting self-reliance. Lifting spirits. Educating young and old. Across the community, for over a century, Neighborhood House delivers innovative and life-changing programs and services for people in need.
Setting the standard for early childhood learning and care in the Portland area.MORE
Changing the lives of Portland-area students and their families through educationMORE
Keeping seniors independent, active, and connected.MORE
Seniors served by the Senior Center from around the tri-county region.
Children enrolled in our Early Head Start or Head Start programs.
People receiving assistance from a Neighborhood House program each year.