Reports To: Development Director
Wage: $40,000- $45,000 DOE
Who we are: Neighborhood House has been bringing the community together to help neighbors in need since 1905. We’re here for families facing hunger and homelessness, vulnerable seniors and children who need help in school.
What we do: Our programs help low-income, recent-immigrant and other vulnerable people overcome challenges so they can achieve success, stability and independence.
The Volunteer & Community Engagement Coordinator is a key member of our growing Fundraising/Community Engagement/Communications Team tasked with raising critically-needed funds to support and sustain Neighborhood House’s economic equity work in the community. This position oversees Neighborhood House’s Volunteer Program, including recruitment, placement, and tracking of both direct service and administrative/fundraising volunteers. The position will increase the agency’s visibility by representing Neighborhood House at community events, and coordinates a speakers’ bureau to assist with this. It will help steward existing business and community partnerships, while working to create new ones. Lastly, this position will have an important role in planning and executing all campaigns and events throughout the year, including our annual SW Hope campaign, and regular donor education and cultivation events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Community Engagement and Volunteer Program:
- Maintain updated menu of opportunities for community involvement, including client-driven initiatives, volunteer projects and other opportunities for business and community investment.
- Regularly communicate with Program Managers across NH to identify new opportunities for volunteers.
- Responsible for volunteer recruitment activities such as maintenance of Neighborhood House volunteer webpage and other web-based recruitment tools and outreach at community events.
- Represent Neighborhood House regularly at community events.
- Respond to volunteer inquiries in a timely and professional fashion.
- Process all volunteer applications, including screening and placement in the volunteer program.
- Collect volunteer service data from Program Managers on a monthly basis.
- Staff 6-8 Family Volunteer Night events per year, and other volunteer events.
- Recruit and supervise volunteers in support of Development events and projects, such as mailings and outreach activities.
- Coordinates agency speakers/representatives for community outreach events.
- Act as liaison with clients to enable successful storytelling and mission-focused customer service.
Annual Lunch/Fundraising Event:
- Work with Development Team to identify event concept/theme.
- Coordinate volunteers assisting with variety of tasks associated with a successful event.
- Oversee purchasing of event supplies.
- Oversee event logistics and administration.
- Recruit staff and other volunteers for the day of the event.
- Supervise day of volunteers.
Donor Cultivation and Small Fundraising Event-related Duties:
- Work with the Development Team to plan and coordinate 10-12 donor cultivation and small fundraising events throughout the calendar year.
- Help develop event concepts and timelines.
- Coordinate with vendors to secure catering and other needed supplies.
- Engage new and existing business partners to seek donations, and non-profit discounts whenever possible.
- Supervise volunteers at the donor cultivation or fundraising event.
- Monitor timeline to keep events on track.
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of one year of experience in non-profit fundraising, including some donor relations experience and/or experience soliciting donations, AND
- A minimum of one year event planning experience, preferably in non-profit setting, AND/ORA minimum of one year of experience in volunteer coordination,
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
Require own vehicle transportation, a valid driver’s license, and have/maintain car insurance acceptable to Neighborhood House’s insurance provider.
To apply for the position, please submit your resume and a cover letter of no more than 2 pages, in which you answer the following questions: (1) How does Neighborhood House’s mission speak to you and your experience?; and (2) What is your experience in non-profit community relations work?