Department: School Age Programs
Reports To: Site Director
Wage: $12.50-14.00 per hour
FLSA: Hourly non-exempt
Who we are: Neighborhood House has been bringing the community together to help neighbors in need since 1905. We’re here for families facing hunger and homelessness, vulnerable seniors and children who need help in school. What we do: Our programs help low-income, recent-immigrant and other vulnerable people overcome challenges so they can achieve success, stability and independence.
The Assistant Teacher is a teaching position for a before and after school program with kids ages 5-12. An assistant teacher helps support the other teachers in developing and teaching curriculum each day as well as supporting students in social and emotional development. This position requires a person who is reliable, flexible and ready to learn.
This position is 10-29 hours per week and is considered to be Part-Time
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Work with children with a 15 to 1 ratio but always under the supervision of a teacher qualified staff person, assisting with homework and structured group activities as well as supervising free choice and recess
- Communicate with parents at drop of and pick up Attend all mandatory meetings
- Learn and use PBIS
- Serve snacks
- Support the site director and teachers with lesson/ activity plans and set up for the day
- Learn and adhere to licensing regulations for the program and school rules and requirements
- Report to the site director
- Arrive to work at least 45 minutes before the students arrive
- Obtain a minimum of 20 hours of job related training per licensing year and submit to ORO
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Some experience working in an educational or camp setting preferred
- Dedicated, reliable, organized with a strong interest in children and/ or education
- Have or able to get immediately CPR/ First Aid Certification, Food Handler’s Card, RCAAN certification and Oregon Central Background registry number
- Available between the hours of 6:30am-9:30am and/ or 2:00pm-6:00pm daily depending on schedule
- Ability to send and receive email
- Ability to use basic word processing and spreadsheet shared documents online
- Ability to log on to the internet and track own time and attendance
- Must be CPR and First Aid certified within 90 days of hire
- Must obtain food handler card within 30 days of hire =
- Must take the online health and safety and RRCAN trainings within 30 days of hire
This is a shortened job posting, to view the job description in full, please click the link below.
You may also apply for the position via email if the above links aren’t working for you, we just ask that you please try the application through ADP first before emailing.
Please be sure to include the posting title you are applying for, and also where you heard about this position.