Neighborhood House is excited to introduce Knitting for Neighbors, a donation drive collecting hand-crafted hats, scarves, mittens and blankets for the Neighborhood House community. This event aims to engage the knitting community, gather knit items for our client, share more about Neighborhood House services and raise monetary donations for our programs.
Knit a hat, scarf, blanket, or mittens for your neighbors, or support with a cash donation!
Here’s how you can participate:
Join in the knitting fun November 8-13 as we gather knit hats, scarves, mittens and blankets for the Neighborhood House community.
Here’s how you can participate Nov. 8-13!:
- Monday, November 8 at 5pm: Virtual kickoff gathering – RSVP for free!
- *Donate $25 or more, AND/OR drop off a hand-crafted hat, scarf or pair of mittens and you will be entered to win a prize basket from Northwest Wools. The basket’s theme is “Learn to Knit” and includes yarns, needles and a one-hour private lesson with one of the shop instructors! Drop off items at Neighborhood House (M-F 9am-5pm) or Northwest Wools (M-F 10am-6pm, S 10am-5pm)
- *Donate $50 to Neighborhood House and receive a free skein of yarn from Northwest Wools (30 maximum). All skeins can be picked up at Neighborhood House.
- Buy the “Knitting for Neighbors Scarf” pattern from Northwest Wools. This pattern is knit with Berroco’s Ultra Alpaca Chunky yarn. It is simple and easy to memorize. Northwest Wools will donate profits to Neighborhood House through the end of the year.
- Spread the word! Print out a poster or email it to your fellow knitters!
- Share your knit items on social media and tag @nhpdx @NorthwestWools #nhpdx
*All monetary donations can be made to Neighborhood House. Please write “Knitting for Neighbors” on your check or via the website to be entered into the gift basket drawing and/or to receive your free skein of yarn.
Knit items will be distributed during Winter Wishes clothing & gift drive in December. This event is supported in partnership with Northwest Wools.
Questions? Email us!